31 March 2021
The Pfizer trial on adolescents between 12 and 16 reported an efficiency of 100%. It is known that kids are very very rarely effected by the covid19, so it should not surprise that the very efficient Pfizer vaccine boosts the defenses even more. That’s a fantastic news. Problem… the countries with youngest population percentages do not have the storage facilities for mRNA vaccines. Nonetheless it is a great news, because CDC has proven that mRNA vaccinated people can’t spread the virus. They are not carriers!
Reuters report is here.
29 March 2021
The CDC published some very interesting results of immunization with mRNA in first line responders. You can find the press release and a summary here. What does is say? That mRNA vaccinated people protects you too as the risk of infection is reduced by 90%! Get vaccinated people
28 March 2021
– Singapore newspaper Straits Times, publishes this:
The meaning is clear.
22 March 2021
– ASTRAZENECA: Great news from US study on 32000 people: 79% effectiveness (symptoms) and 100% effective at falling seriously ill. Singapore is finally talking to ASTRAZENECA to buy doses
– SINOVAC: Singapore Health Agency HSA has decided to ask more data from Sinovac before going on on studying its potential use.
Humble opinion: it won’t. Why? Either they have been studying it since December or just now (as some media reported). The latter is unlikely as you need weeks to asses what is missing what to ask etc. The former situation, the HSA has been studying it for months (as they did with all vaccines), means they are just trying to postpone any public decision, a polite way to say NO WAY.
20 March 2021
– In the recent days many news have come about the ASTRAZENECA vaccines for covid19. With 17 million people vaccinated around the globe, 11 only in the UK, some EU countries have decided to suddenly suspended the inoculation of this vaccine out of media outburst of unproven dangers. Media, and social media, rampage was utterly ridiculous and aimed clearly to fuel the terror. Populations, instead, where quite pragmatic and firmly requesting the vaccination to continue. The European agency has certified over and over, and did once again last Thursday, that the vaccine is safe, that the benefits of taking are so huge that vaccinations should have restarted immediately. As they did.
The panic on some media was baseless, scientifically an idiocy like nothing else.
What happened? Good question. Some reports talk about an online push of troll farms to delegitimize the vaccine in the EU, all for the eyes of developing countries which are receiving AZ vaccine via COVAX which cost 1/3 of others based on same viral technology and that have not been scientifically reviewed, but apparently used as a geopolitical weapon.
All these events should be carefully investigate by secret services. My humble opinion.
– US will send around 6 million AZ doses to Mexico and Canada.
-In Togo, the AstraZeneca vaccine would have increased by factor 10 (!!!!) the libido in 1% of inoculated patients (the story here in French).
I know what you are thinking ‘it can’t be true, but well… not to bad in case!‘ More scientific data will be needed to verify that ‘side effect’.
20 March 2021
– SINOVAC: Curiously along with AZ problems in EU, China announced that a faster access to the nation will be given to whoever is vaccinated with their product. Humble opinion: stupid propaganda. They will accept anyone and this announcement makes them look idiotic.
– ASTRAZENECA Indonesia has strongly rebuked the Ulema council claim to have been using pork derived ‘things’, as they avoid all animal related issues for quite a while now. Vaccination has restarted and Ulema in Java has been vaccinated with it.
19 March 2021
Indonesia surprisingly declared the ASTRAZENECA vaccine as haram (forbidden) by islamic rules, yet its use permissible for emergency. News can be found here.
Few fact to form your own opinion, Indonesia has the largest muslim population in the world and the MUI the islamic council of the ulema, meanwhile not a state body, has a huge rule in the life and politics of the country. The actual vice president was the head and he is well respected. When China offered its vaccine (sinovac) to the country (cost 60$ per dose, two) it was immediately declared halal. Beware that Indonesians are extremely skeptical of Chinese vaccine. The state, furthermore, can inoculate only Sinovac and AZ (received via COVAX and by and order of 100 million doses by the minister Erick Thohir in September 2020), the others (J&J, Moderna etc) are for the private sectors to buy and sell. Sinovac seems to have won the lottery (Indonesians are 270 millions).
17 March 2021
SINOVAC: As from Aljazeera article (here) there is a significant problem in Chile with the vaccination. Chile is one of the brightest star in the rather dark sky of vaccination programs worldwide. Almost 45% of its population has been inoculated so far. In a country that is elongated, that has a lot of mountains and comes from huge political crisis, well it is really a great achievements. How they did should be studied and will be, for years. With Israel and UK and now US, it is really a remarkable story.
Problem: it has been using the Chinese vaccine. Its trials outcome are unknown, there is no real reliable data available and the few things we know, are from Brazil that said its trials showed a 50% effectiveness, data that the company contested with their own data (not shown) of 90+%. In fact sinovac has never asked European, UK or US authority for any authorization. Do they know they will never get it? Probably yes.
So? So here we have a big big problem.
Either the sinovac does not work at all or it does not wit the South American variants. Outcome is the same.
Sinovac data are unknown, at best scientifically unreliable. Chile gambled, they had to, they cannot be blamed.
16 March 2021
The Texas based company MODERNA has started phase 2/3 of the vaccine for children between 2 and 12 years old. Here the trial news from moderna website.
The results of trials for 12-16 years old are pending, for both Moderna and Pfizer BioNTech.